No news is—well, no news

November 13, 2008 at 6:14 pm 1 comment

On Wednesday I went back to the hospital for my “do over” chest x-ray.  Silly me…I thought they would just do the same ones over.  But noooooooooooooooooo.  They took like a dozen pictures of my right AND my left chest.  Something about that didn’t seem quite right… 

So I go home afterward and wait.  And wonder.  And think.  And worry.  (OK, so I did worry just a little…)  Then I call the doctor’s office about closing time and they don’t have a report yet.

Thursday (today) rolls around.  About 9:00 this morning, I call the doctor’s office and they still don’t have a report yet.

This afternoon about 3:30, I call the doctor’s office—nurse’s voice mail— and tell them I want the drugs the doctor mentioned (just a high dose Ibuprofin or something) and “By the way, I’m sure you still don’t have a report yet or you would have called, right?  Hello?  Hello?  Please call me!”

FINALLY at 5:00 this evening the nurse calls and says the x-rays look fine.  *sigh*  What was so damn hard about that?  The WAITING was what was hard!  It’s stuff like this that makes me think Mom had it right…avoid the doctors and just look for the exit when it’s over.  🙂


Entry filed under: Hillbilly Healthcare.

I get “do overs” 30 days…

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. Karen  |  November 17, 2008 at 11:00 pm

    I’m happy everything looks fine….but did they ever say why your ribs are sore? Doctors drive me crazy!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Blog Stats

  • 28,293 hits

Time Flies

November 2008
« Oct   Dec »

Old is Good (Archives)

%d bloggers like this: